I know I’ve said this many times before but where did 2014 go?! I feel like the years just keep going faster, and I think 2014 was the fastest yet. 2014 was great but we are so excited for the things to come in 2015! January 1st always brings about a renewed feeling to make things happen, and this year we want to do just that. I’ve never been all about resolutions but I am big on goals. Every year at this time I think about the things I would like to achieve during the next 365 days…but I never seem to write them down, which makes it hard to stay motivated. This year I’ve decided to jot down a few of my goals here for all of you to see and hopefully this will help me stay committed to making these goals a priority :) Here goes nothing…
– Putting our marriage first. Life can get so busy during wedding season that carving out time for just Mike and I is pretty nonexistent. I’m hoping we can change that this year.
– Eating healthier. Not that Mike and I eat horribly but there is definitely room for improvement. We’ve actually been thinking about doing the Whole30 program in the next couple of weeks. Anybody out there that has done the Whole30 program, lets chat!
– Take Baxter for more walks
– Simplifying life. We have so much that we don’t even use in our house and I want to give it away to people who need it and then NOT replace it with new things.
– Organize our house.
– Be on social media less.
– Update the upstairs of our house. Our little home is 100 years old this year and the previous homeowners did interesting things with textured walls and paint on the second floor… we want it gone! This weekend we actually started this process by skim coating one of our spare rooms. 1 room down, 2 to go + a hallway. Trust me there will be plenty of before and after photos coming your way in the future :)
– Pay off debt. This year we are working and striving to pay off all of our remaining school loans and Mike’s car payment. We will then be debt free other then our mortgage. Yay!
– Grow deeper in my faith.
– Carving out quite time each day to spend with God, but also making this time meaningful and learning to actually listen and not always be talking and asking.
– Glorify God in all aspects of life. I want our business, our personal life, our finances and everything in between to be used for His glory.
– Be more thankful. Thankful for the things we have, thankful for friends and family, thankful for health…
– Create and follow a workflow! This is a big one… during the midst of wedding season my workflow usually flies out the window. This year I’m working on putting more time into creating and keeping a workflow that works.
– Setting up/using Shoot Q! This will help out with that workflow goal above :)
– Blogging WAY more regularly! I set out in 2014 hoping to post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday… I failed.
– Create a blog schedule!
– Starting a monthly duty day where I get all of those not fun business things out of the way in one day. For example, updating quickbooks, mileage, setting up my blog calendar and so on.
– Form meaningful relationships with all of our 2015 couples. We love you guys and can’t wait to get to know you even better!
– Keep my office clean and organized.
– Start offering mentoring sessions. Several people have asked/showed interest in these so I’m excited to be able to share my knowledge with others. Mike and I wouldn’t be where we are today without the help of others.
– Move forward on a super secret project that Mike and I have up our sleeves :)
– Submit more weddings to be published on blogs. This takes a ton of time and so during wedding season it’s usually impossible to make this happen but this year I will find a way!
– Continue to stretch ourselves creatively and continue to become better photographers.
Well friends, I think that’s it. Here’s to an amazing year! I hope all of you are able to set and achieve some goals this year as well! Happy New Year!