When I meet people, I love to get to know those little facts about them that make them unique… Those quirky things that most people don’t know. Maybe it’s because I have a lot of those quirky things about me, that I like to know there are other people out there that are even just a little bit as weird as I am. I’m pretty sure Mike is shaking his head at me as he read that last line ;) This is why he doesn’t proof read my blog posts before I post them! Since, if we meet, I’ll probably want to know your weird little habits… it’s only fair for me to share some of ours. So here goes nothing :)
1.. I organize my clothing in the closet by type and color… please tell me other people do this!
2. Mike roasts his own coffee. He is pretty much a coffee snob. Several years ago my parents bought him a roaster for Christmas and the rest is history. He orders bulk green coffee beans (did anyone else know that coffee beans are green before they are roasted?! It was news to me too.) and roasts them usually to a medium or dark roast. He likes that BOLD coffee flavor.
3. I am horrible with plants…They come to our house to die. Just in the past year I killed an air plant! Yep, those plants that pretty much just live off AIR… totally dead. How does this happen?!
4. Our house is almost 100 years old! It was built in 1915, so next year get ready for some 100 year old celebrations! We love the character that came with the house and it’s been an adventure owning a house this old, that’s for sure!
5. Mike has a physics degree with a math minor… don’t let him fool you… he’s one smart cookie! He didn’t end up using either of these degrees but that’s okay :)
6. I hate making left hand turns when there isn’t a stop light… I will think about my route before I leave the house and will drive out of my way to avoid having to make left hand turns. It stresses me out knowing there are people waiting behind me that want to go straight or right and I am blocking them because I’m waiting for traffic. Again, please tell me I’m not the only one with this issue!
7. We both love going thrifting! If we have a Saturday without a wedding you will probably find us wondering around thrift shops. Most of the stuff is junk but everyone once in awhile you find a treasure. Mike is great at fixing things up so it’s fun to find something super cheap that just needs a little TLC. We have done this to several things in the house and it’s been a lot of fun.
8. I crave chocolate daily. It’s bad! I could eat chocolate after every meal and for snacks! I’m not a fan of hard or gummy candy but chocolate will always have a place in my heart.
9. Mike plays the drums. He started in high school and then played every Sunday at our old church. He just plays for fun now and is way better than what he’ll admit :) We have two drum sets in the house but he plays the electric one in the basement so that our neighbors don’t hate us too much ;)
10. We are completely opposite of each other. It’s true! I’m energetic and bubbly and Mike is quiet and reserved. I’m a clean freak and Mike is well… not. It’s okay though, I like to think we balance each other out. At times it can be stressful, but that’s the fun of marriage, right?!
Well, I need to get back to organizing the office for my mentoring session this week. More about those coming soon! Happy Tuesday!!